Life is too short to waste it being unhappy or unproductive. Sometimes you have to sit and really look at your life. Are you doing the best you can? Are you happy with where things are headed? You always have an opportunity to change and make it better so start with today. Make today the beginning of a new and better you. Here are some small changes to make to help improve your day.
“A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions”
-Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
1. Turn off the Television. - I stopped watching television, feels like ages ago. Watching TV gives you the feeling that you need things in life that aren’t exactly necessary. You don’t need all that plastic surgery, all that money based on how stupid you can be on TV, that shake weight, that damn face wash. To me, it’s all the same…but what happens when you’re so busy watching other peoples lives that you become unhappy with your own? Turn the TV off and go outside, read a book, study something you love, workout. There are 24 hours in a day, make sure you make the time you have in your life count, time is too precious to waste it watching other people live.
2. Spend extra time showing the people you love, that you care. - Some friends come and some go but the most important thing is to give time and love to the ones who stay by your side through everything. Don’t take anyone for granted and surround yourself with happy, uplifting, positive people.
3. Immerse yourself into your passion. - One of my favorite quotes is:“A person can succeed at almost anything for which they have unlimited enthusiasm.”- Charles M. Schwab. I think this quote best describes why it’s important to do what you love. Don’t think about money, don’t think about the future, just sit and think about what drives you…what you could do every single day and be happy…and start doing it. Work towards your passions because no matter what happens, you will be doing what you love, which is most important for a happy life.
4.Create an impact to those around you. - Don’t walk into work with the same unhappy look on your face; don’t spend your day just going through the motions. Smile at people, offer to help people, tell people what you like about them. Interact with the people around you. People will mainly remember you based on how you make them feel. So make sure that every person you come in contact with will walk away being glad that they met you and have a better life, because of you.
5. De-clutter the old you. - Think about who you want to become, and get rid of anything that prevents that. If you have a million old phones or electronics, sell them on eBay or craigslist. If you have old clothes you haven’t worn in years, sell or donate them to charity. You should only surround yourself with things that you use or are necessary. Keep it simple.
6. Discontinue contact with THAT ex. - Exes are exes for a reason. Don’t waste your time trying to hold on to a friendship after a relationship is over. You will save yourself a lot of time, miscommunication and baggage. The last two exes I’ve had both still tried talking to me or telling me they loved or missed me while they have a new girlfriend. I don’t understand the point and I wouldn’t want my current boyfriend to ever be doing that to me while I’m with him so imagine yourself in other peoples shoes and don’t boost his/her ego by texting back. Men/Women that maintain contact with old flames while being involved with new ones are just looking for attention, an ego boost, or they are bored or have other problems. Don’t let the past be re-opened and always look forward. You will never have a fresh start if you keep settling for the old life you need to let go of.
7. Try one new thing every week or month that makes you happy. - When you step outside your comfort zone, that is when you learn, that is when you grow. You only have one life so try to spend it doing things you’ve never done before or things that excite you. You may find that in trying new things, you develop life-long hobbies.
8. Create a blog. - I started this blog because I wanted to help others lives in some small way. Blogging also hold me accountable of my challenges and goals. I write here to make sure I stick to my fitness and diet plan because I cant help others unless I can first make sure I am helping myself. Blogging is a great place to unleash your passion.
9. Do yoga. - Yoga is wonderful for spending time in the present, stretching out your body tension and just letting go for 60-90 minutes. Sometimes life goes by so fast that we forget the simple things…like breathing. Being able to stay present and getting to know your body more. It helps with getting away from your problems, bills, and stress. I always walk away from a yoga class feeling renewed.
10. Have a spa day. - This is something I now need in my weekly life. If I can’t make it to the spa during a rough week, I create it within my own home. All you need is some Epsom Salt, a hot bath, a good book and some candles. After that, make sure to do a quick wash off, lather your entire body in lotion and get in some comfy clothes. Always give time for yourself to relax.
11. Take your Vitamins- Taking vitamins is essential for your health. Sometimes taking vitamins makes me feel happy and more fulfilled. I like to take a multi, vitamin c, calcium, fish oil, and vitamin b. When your body has the right vitamins and nutrients, it might help you stay away from overeating. It will also make you feel better and look better overall.
12. Smile. –You are so lucky to be alive. Smiling makes others feel good and it is the most natural, beautiful thing on a person’s body. There is so much in life to be happy about so focus on the good things in life, rather than whatever makes you sad.